I love to cook, but I hate the mess and time it can take. I am always looking for ways to make amazing healthy meals that are easy and tasty without much effort. I also like experimenting with mock meats. I was very anti-alternatives when I first started the plant-based path. But, I cracked one day. Mock meats are not that bad and can help texture to your vegan meals. With all of this in mind, I present you with the Lazy Girl Vegan Stir-Fry. You can make it under 30 minutes, it takes me longer to get ready in the mornings than to make this healthy meal.
The number one reason I love stir-frys, they are easy. I hate doing dishes after cooking and stir-frys help eliminate the mess because you usually cook in one pot. In this recipe, because it’s the lazy girl version, I used store-bought diced onions and frozen veggies. As long as you’re eating vegetables and it’s more convenient to use frozen ones then go for it. I use frozen fruit and veggies all the time, because of the convenience. Hello, the name of the blog is Low-key Healthy, I’m all about making health easier, not harder.
- ½ cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. Ground Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil 1
- ¼ cup diced Yellow Onion
- ½ cup Brown Rice (I use boil-in-bag rice)
- 1 bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 10-13 piece of MorningStar Farm Chik’n Strips
- Boil water and place the bag of rice to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- As the rice is cooking, place oil in a skillet. Let it reach its smoke point and then add onions.
- Once onions caramelize on medium heat, then add chicken strips. The stripes won’t take long to brown make sure the flame is on low.
- Take the frozen vegetables and add them to the skillet.
- Next, add rice to the mix. Add the Teriyaki sauce and mustard.
- Mix everything and let all the flavors soak in, cook for 5-10 minutes.
When you come home from work and want to be healthy, but also want to binge watch Will & Grace on Hulu then this is the recipe for you. I am all for cooking good food, but I hate the mess. This recipe is the best of both worlds healthy and quick. Don’t be afraid of mock meats, they add protein and texture to your meals. Another great thing about this meal is you have whole-grains and veggies, which are a part of the dietary guidelines. A healthy easy meal is what every boss babe wants in life, besides an empire.