I describe salmon burgers as a healthy choice for someone who doesn’t want to eat red meat, but also doesn’t want to eat a veggie burger. It can be a middle point for people who want to healthy this summer when having a BBQ. This recipe is super easy and takes about 30 minutes to make. I buy my Salmon Burgers from Kroger’s; you can get them almost anywhere. This recipe serves up to 4. This recipe will make you forget about red meat. If you want to eat healthy this summer, then this is recipe is for you.
- 1 package of Salmon burgers
- Whole-wheat or whole-grain buns
- ½ cup of mayo
- 1 tbls of Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 head of Roman Lettuce
- 1 medium size carrot
- You can either grill or pan-fry the salmon burgers. I use an Iron Skillet because I don’t want to get heat stroke and prefer to stay inside while cooking in the summer.
- While the burgers are cooking start working on the slaw. Shred the lettuce and carrot into bite size pieces and rinse.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayo, Dijon, garlic powder and lemon juice. Whisk together.
- Pat dry the carrots and lettuce and gradually add them into the mixture.
- Add some black pepper to the slaw, it’s done.
- Make sure to check the burgers; it’s about 10 minutes for each side to cook.
- Place a spoonful of slaw on each bun and add the burgers and you are ready to eat.
I love this recipe and it is in a constant rotation in my house during the summer. My friends love this recipe because it is light, but they fell satisfied not hungry. I think the slaw really makes this recipe stand out. Americas lack Omega- 3 fatty acid in their diets and fish is a good source for it. Again, fish is lower in calories and fat and is a better choice this summer for a BBQ. If health benefits don’t persuade you, how many times have you gone to a BBQ and seen something different? It’s the same food. Stand out and be the hostess with healthiest and unique food.